Newton D. Becker Scholarship Program
Becker Professional Education is proud to introduce the Newton D. Becker Scholarship program, created in honor of Becker’s founder. The scholarship focuses on Newt’s vision of helping students and accounting professionals fulfill their dreams of earning the CPA credential by offering deserving individuals financial assistance to prepare for the CPA Exam. The scholarship criteria are based on qualities important to Newt: high moral character, strong leadership and commitment to community service.
The Newton D. Becker Scholarship* program will award over $200,000 in financial assistance including 20 full CPA Exam Review scholarships, each valued at $3,300. Additional CPA Exam Review scholarships ranging from $800 to $1,600 will also be awarded.
Criteria for Eligibility: In order to be considered for a scholarship, you must:
- Be an accounting professional or student not currently enrolled in Becker's CPA Exam Review.
- Meet the requirements to sit for the CPA Exam at the time of enrollment in Becker’s CPA Exam Review.
- Demonstrate a financial need in preparing for the CPA Exam through a personal statement.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from an employer/manager, professor, community leader or clergy member along with your application.
- Demonstrate through a personal statement, the traits important to Newt Becker: high moral character, strong leadership qualities and a commitment to community service
- Be a U.S. resident.
- As this is a needs based scholarship, it is not valid for applicants that are employed by or have accepted a position at a firm or corporation that has a relationship with Becker Professional Education and reimburses for the CPA Exam Review.
- Scholarship is non-transferable.
- Selected recipients must enroll in Becker’s CPA Exam Review by June 30, 2013.
Application Process: Applications will be accepted through February 13, 2013. Scholarship recipients will be notified by email beginning March 27, 2013.
Selection Process: A scholarship selection task force will review all applications and select recipients based on high moral character, leadership, commitment to community service and financial need.
Questions: Contact Becker Professional Education at email@example.com
*available to those that qualify