Get your CPA Exam application right the first time.
The CPA Exam application process involves submitting forms and transcripts, along with fees, to the state board or its designee. Review your state’s requirements and application process now or visit the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy's website to learn more.
Tips for applying for the CPA Exam.
To complete your application correctly, it’s important to know the rules of application in your state or jurisdiction. These pointers will help:
- Be accurate and thorough. Incomplete applications are generally rejected.
- Make sure the name on your application exactly matches the name on the two forms of valid identification you bring for admission to the testing center.
- Official school transcripts must be provided. (Note: Allow extra time if you have an international degree, as it may also require additional evaluation.)
How, where, and when to apply for the CPA Exam.
- You may apply to any state or jurisdiction, but may only register to take the exam in one jurisdiction at a time.
- Application and exam fees for first-time candidates vary by state, but range from $900 to $1,000 for all four parts of the exam.
- Applications can be submitted at any time during the year.
- The application process usually takes from four to six weeks for first-time candidates.
- After your application is approved, you’ll receive a Notice to Schedule (NTS). You must have the NTS to reserve an actual test date at one of the 300 Prometric Test Centers where the exams are given.
Earn graduate credit at the same time.
Did you know that while you prepare for the CPA Exam, you could be simultaneously earning up to 9 graduate level credits at DeVry University’s Keller Graduate School of Management?
Put Becker on your side.
As soon as you’ve applied for the exam, you need to start preparing for it. And that’s where Becker can be your best asset.
Choose from a range of course formats tailored around your lifestyle, work schedule and preferred method of learning. No matter which one you choose, you’ll benefit from the same proven Becker study materials and comprehensive learning approach. And we back each one with the Becker Promise® so you can prepare with peace of mind.