Indiana CPA Exam Requirements
|150 Semester Hours Required to Sit for the Exam?||Yes|
|Minimum Degree Required:||Baccalaureate|
Additional Educational Requirements
- Baccalaureate degree with at least 24 semester hours in accounting at undergrad or graduate level or
- Graduate degree with at least 24 semester hours in accounting at undergrad level or 15 semester hours at the graduate level
- Baccalaureate or Graduate degree, minimum of 24 semester hours in business administration and economics courses, other than accounting at the undergraduate or graduate level
Baccalaureate with 150 semester hours.
Candidates can complete a Certificate of Enrollment so that they may apply to sit for the Exam before graduation. Final transcripts must be submitted 60 days following the end of the testing window in which you sat for the Exam.
|U.S. Citizenship Required:||No|
|Applicant must be a resident, employee, OR have office in the state?||No|
To sit for the CPA exam as a first-time four-part candidate in Indiana follow these steps: Before applying for the exam, evaluate your current credentials. You will need:
1. A Bachelor's degree from a regionally or nationally accredited college or university with 150 hours of credit. 24 hours in Accounting and 24 hours in business administration are required. Accounting courses must include financial accounting, auditing, taxation and management accounting. Business administration courses may include up to 6 hours in business or tax law and up to 6 hours in computer science, or
2. A graduate degree from an accredited college or university with 24 undergraduate, or 15 graduate, hours in Accounting and 24 hours in business administration at the undergraduate or graduate level. Course provisions in 1. above also apply.
If you meet the educational requirements, submit your application to the CPA Examination Services Indiana Coordinator in Nashville, Tennessee. The application fee will be $150 and the exam fees will be $773.80 for a total of $923.80. Allow up to two weeks after receipt of application, fees and transcripts for processing. You are able to apply for one or more sections of the exam at a time; however, you are advised to only apply for a section of the examination if you are ready to take it within the next six months. Your name on the application should exactly match your name on your primary form of identification, which is usually your driver's license. At this time you should also begin planning your study approach by making inquiries into CPA reviews available in your area. The Becker CPA Review offers classes live, online or self-study to accommodate the needs of all candidates
Contact any educational institutions attended and request that transcripts be forwarded to the CPA Examination Services for their evaluation. If you do not expect any problems in processing your application it is best to make plans to start your review at this time. The Becker CPA Review will significantly increase your chances of passing the exam.
After receiving the required information, CPA Examination Services will issue your Authorization to Test (ATT) to the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA). You will receive a Notice to Schedule (NTS) which is good for six months; however, since every third is non-testing, the NTS covers four testing months.
Your NTS allows you to start scheduling your exams. You can sit for the exam parts in any sequence so you can plan your reviews to coincide with your exam scheduling. The most efficient approach is to sit for two parts in each exam window; however, exam fees paid for parts not taken are not refundable. Exam times are scheduled with Prometric and can be set up online at www.prometric.com/cpa. You can take the exam at a site in Carmel, Evansville, Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, Lafayette, Merrillville, Mishawaka, Terre Haute, or any other Prometric location that is convenient to you.
Exam Process Links
Indiana CPA Exam Requirements exam fees
|Initial Application Fee:||$150|
Special Fees: Re-exam registration fee $75 regardless of the number of parts requested.
Indiana CPA Exam Requirements state board contacts
Indiana Board of Accountancy
Indiana Professional License Agency
402 West Washington St., Room W072
Indianapolis, IN 46204