2022 Accounting and Auditing Update
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Discuss recent changes to accounting and financial reporting under U.S. GAAP for both public and nonpublic entities.
- Describe the practical impact of more significant changes, such as accounting for lease modifications.
- Explain practical expedients and accounting policy alternatives that may be elected when implementing the changing standards.
- Describe the requirements of recently issued generally accepted auditing standards related to audit reports, related parties, significant and unusual transactions, employee benefit plan audits, materiality, auditing estimates, audit evidence, and more.
- Explain the primary objective of proposed changes for quality management systems and audit risk assessment.
- Describe recently issued SSAEs for attestation engagements related to materiality, agreed-upon procedures, and direct examination engagements.
- Explain the the impact of recent SSARSs on the preparation of financial statements, compilations, and review engagements.
Jennifer F. Louis, CPA, has over 25 years of experience in designing and instructing high quality training programs in a wide variety of technical and “soft skills” topics needed for professional and organization success. In 2003, she founded Emergent Solutions Group, LLC, where she focuses her energy on designing and delivering practical and engaging accounting and auditing training. She was most recently Director of Audit Product Development at Surgent Professional Education, and prior to that served as Executive Vice President/Director of Training Services at AuditWatch, Inc. Jennifer started her career in Audit for Deloitte & Touche LLP. Jennifer graduated summa cum laude from Marymount University with a B.B.A.-Accounting.
Becker Professional Education Sponsor I.D. Numbers NASBA: 107294, New York: 002087, New Jersey: 20CE00226700, Texas: 009580, Ohio: CPE.186, Illinois 158.002405, Pennsylvania: PX177823