After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Identify fundamentals, withholdings, and remittances associated with employment taxes
- Calculate the true cost of an employee
- Name other employment considerations and obligations
- Recognize tax implications of fringe benefits for employees
- Identify changes to employment taxes under the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
John M. Stevko, CPA, has over 40 years of professional experience as a tax practitioner, national seminar instructor, writer, and business owner. John began his career with what is now a “Big 4” public accounting firm before founding a local CPA firm in Beaverton, Oregon. At that same time, John began speaking for Gear Up Tax seminars and eventually becoming the managing partner of the business. John has lectured on tax law and healthcare reform throughout the country at national conferences and in-house for top 100 CPA firms and the large banking industry. He has also appeared on television and radio programs seeking his expertise on tax and healthcare legislation. John is a graduate of the University of California at Davis.
Becker Professional Education Sponsor I.D. Numbers NASBA: 107294, New York: 002087, New Jersey: 20CE00226700, Texas: 009580, Ohio: CPE.186, Illinois 158.002405, Pennsylvania: PX177823