After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Define and recognize examples of capital assets
- Recognize the assets covered under Internal Revenue Code Section 1231 (e.g., property used in a trade or business, unharvested crop)
- Identify and calculate Section 1231 gain and loss
- Recognize the rules for capital gains taxation(e.g., short-term, long-term)
- Calculate capital gains and losses
Heather is a CPA in the states of Tennessee and Georgia with 17 years of experience in corporate income tax. She began her career with PwC in Atlanta, where she practiced income tax accounting and compliance for clients in a variety of industries and served as an instructor for national ASC 740 associate series training. Heather has served as the tax director for public companies, including Regal Entertainment Group and, most recently, Scripps Networks Interactive. She holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration and a master’s degree of accountancy from the University of Tennessee.
Becker Professional Education Sponsor I.D. Numbers NASBA: 107294, New York: 002087, New Jersey: 20CE00226700, Texas: 009580, Ohio: CPE.186, Illinois 158.002405, Pennsylvania: PX177823