After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Recognize the basics and the advantages and disadvantages of each type of entity
- Identify differences between C corporation, S corporations, and partnerships
- Recognize K-1 issues and the importance of each line item
- Identify basis, at-risk, and passive rules as they relate to pass-through entities
- Understand how to calculate basis in an S corporation
Stan earned his bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from California State University, Northridge in 1980. He now runs a two-office tax, accounting and consulting practice in Oakland and San Francisco, California. The practice focuses on high net worth individuals and small businesses, providing quality, personalized financial and tax guidance. Stan has taught continuing education courses to practitioners throughout the country on a regular basis for over 10 years. Stan has been a regular guest on a local radio talk show discussing taxes and has been quoted several times in local papers. He previously taught accounting courses in junior colleges in Southern California.
Becker Professional Education Sponsor I.D. Numbers NASBA: 107294, New York: 002087, New Jersey: 20CE00226700, Texas: 009580, Ohio: CPE.186, Illinois 158.002405, Pennsylvania: PX177823