Cybersecurity: How to build a successful cybersecurity program
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Define information security.
- Define the role of the cybersecurity information security professional.
- Discuss the components of a cybersecurity program.
- Define and discuss B.Y.O.D. (bring your own device) and its danger.
- Define the IoT (Internet of Things).
- Develop a cybersecurity template.
- Discuss risks associated with 3rdparty access and the importance of vetting.
- Discuss the importance of cybersecurity training for employees.
Kelly Richmond Pope is an associate professor at DePaul University in Chicago where she teaches financial, managerial and forensic accounting. In 2018, Pope became a TED speaker with her impactful and timely TED Talk entitled “How whistleblowers shape history.” Her research has been published in the Behavioral Research in Accounting, Auditing: A Journal of Theory & Practice, Journal of Business Ethics, The CPA Journal and WebCPA. She has a PhD in accounting from Virginia Tech University and is a licensed CPA.
Becker Professional Education Sponsor I.D. Numbers NASBA: 107294, New York: 002087, New Jersey: 20CE00226700, Texas: 009580, Ohio: CPE.186, Illinois 158.002405, Pennsylvania: PX177823