After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Identify Housing and Urban Development (HUD)/Federal Housing Administration (FHA) mortgage programs.
- Define GAGAS (Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards/Yellow Book) and recognize the similarities and differences between the AICPA code of Professional Ethics and GAGAS ethics.
- Identify Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) and Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS).
- Identify potential audit fieldwork issues—i.e., determination of major programs, attribute sampling method and minimum sampling sizes, audit cycle.
- Define the purpose and content of an engagement letter.
- Define the AICPA guidance for SAS 117 (Compliance Audits) and SAS 119 (Required Supplementary Information).
- Recognize the contents of the Lender Electronic Assessment Portal (LEAP) and the auditor and auditee responsibilities.
John Lord, CPA, is the State of California’s Regional Lead Faculty for Becker Professional Education. In addition to teaching live CPA classes primarily in the San Francisco, California area, John is responsible for helping to recruit, train, and develop CPA instructors throughout the State. During his almost 16 years with Becker, John has become one of the organization's most popular and effective instructors - nationwide. His expertise on the exam, commitment to his students, and real world experience are all qualities his students cite as keys to their own success on the CPA exam. John is also an Adjunct Professor at Golden Gate University in San Francisco, CA as well as a national instructor for Becker’s Continuing Professional Education focusing on governmental accounting and auditing topics. For nearly 23 years, John has also served as a Senior Audit Manager for the Government Accountability Office which is the audit, evaluation, and investigative arm of the U.S. Congress. In his capacity with the GAO, John has led audits of the Bureau of Public Debt and IRS. He has also led work with the GAO reviewing the accounting and auditing standards setting process in the United States where he was actively involved with the Auditing Standards Board and Financial Accounting Standards Board. John holds a Bachelors of Science Degree from the California State University in Hayward, California and is an active U.S. Certified Public Accountant (California) and a former President of the Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting.
Becker Professional Education Sponsor I.D. Numbers NASBA: 107294, New York: 002087, New Jersey: 20CE00226700, Texas: 009580, Ohio: CPE.186, Illinois 158.002405, Pennsylvania: PX177823