After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Define and review fundamental versus technical analysis.
- Recognize how to apply horizontal, vertical, and ratio analysis to financial statements.
- Identify positive and negative trends and use the MD&A of the annual report to better understand the reasons behind them from management's perspective.
- Identify sources of key competitive benchmarks.
- Describe various types of ratios, with a focus on key liquidity, leverage, profitability, and efficiency ratios.
- Conduct cash flow analysis.
Michael Brown is the Director of Product Management with Becker Professional Education and has extensive experience in public accounting, corporate accounting and education. Michael started out his career with Ernst & Young in their Atlanta assurance practice working with clients in manufacturing, financial services and retail. Following that, Michael spent several years in corporate accounting, gaining experience as a controller in both the real estate and service fields. Michael draws on both the variety of experience and variety of industries as he transitioned to education with Becker. As the Director of Product Management with Becker, Michael has overall responsibility for managing all of Becker’s accounting-related product offerings. Michael also has a passion for teaching, serving as a National Instructor for both Becker’s CPA Review and Continuing Professional Education products. Mike graduated from the University of Virginia with a Bachelor of Science in Commerce and a Master of Science in Accounting. He is a licensed CPA in the State of North Carolina.
Becker Professional Education Sponsor I.D. Numbers NASBA: 107294, New York: 002087, New Jersey: 20CE00226700, Texas: 009580, Ohio: CPE.186, Illinois 158.002405, Pennsylvania: PX177823