After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Understand the concept of courage in the workplace
- Recognize his/her personal skills that support or undermine managerial courage
- Appreciate the impact of managerial courage
- Develop a plan to build personal habits that enhance managerial courage
- Know the steps to coach others to have managerial courage
Kelly Richmond Pope is an associate professor at DePaul University in Chicago where she teaches financial, managerial and forensic accounting. In 2018, Pope became a TED speaker with her impactful and timely TED Talk entitled “How whistleblowers shape history.” Her research has been published in the Behavioral Research in Accounting, Auditing: A Journal of Theory & Practice, Journal of Business Ethics, The CPA Journal and WebCPA. She has a PhD in accounting from Virginia Tech University and is a licensed CPA. Pope joined Becker's CPA National Instructor team in 2023 and with Becker's CPA Evolution course, will be involved in BAR and FAR SkillBuilder MCQ videos. She will also be instructing in Becker's CMA Exam Reveiw and CPE courses.
Becker Professional Education Sponsor I.D. Numbers NASBA: 107294, New York: 002087, New Jersey: 20CE00226700, Texas: 009580, Ohio: CPE.186, Illinois 158.002405, Pennsylvania: PX177823