After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Identify the kind of capital transactions governed by Treas. Reg. 1.263(a)-5.
- Understand the scope of costs that facilitate a transaction and the general rule that governs their treatment.
- Identify the primary exceptions to the general rule of capitalization.
- Understand the key considerations surrounding success-based fees.
- Understand the common ancillary issues that come up in connection with a transaction cost analysis.
Becker Professional Education Sponsor I.D. Numbers NASBA: 107294, New York: 002087, New Jersey: 20CE00226700, Texas: 009580, Ohio: CPE.186, Illinois 158.002405, Pennsylvania: PX177823