After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Recognize the scope and nature of the statutes adopted by the Oregon Legislature that govern accountants.
- Identify the rules and policies set forth by the Board of Accountancy of Oregon State ("Board"), including those pertaining to ethics, prohibited practices, continuing competency, and disciplinary procedures.
- Identify the process by which rules and policies may be adopted by the Board.
- Apply the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct ("Code").
- Recognize case studies, case law, and examples related to the laws and rules governing accountants in Oregon.
- Recognize where and how to access law and regulations governing accountancy in Oregon state, including those issued by the AICPA and the Board.
Tim Gearty is the National Director and Editor-in-Chief for the world’s largest CPA training program, Becker CPA Review. In addition to his editorial leadership, Tim is also Becker's National Lead Instructor, whose taped lectures are seen in over 325 locations throughout the world. Tim is a nationally recognized expert and speaker on a variety of accounting and tax topics, and has appeared as keynote speaker for several Fortune 100 companies as well as many national associations. He has frequently been called upon over the past twenty years to present accounting and tax topics to large groups, organizations, and corporations, accounting firms and in legal proceedings. Tim is a partner in Gearty & McIntyre, LLP, CPA, a firm which has developed a reputation as a specialist in business advisory services, litigation support and forensic accounting. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the New Jersey Society of Public Accountants as well as a trustee of that organization. He holds a BS in Accounting from Fairleigh Dickinson University, and both a MBA in Finance and Law Degree (JD) from Seton Hall University. Tim is a member of the New Jersey and American Bar Associations.
Becker Professional Education Sponsor I.D. Numbers NASBA: 107294, New York: 002087, New Jersey: 20CE00226700, Texas: 009580, Ohio: CPE.186, Illinois 158.002405, Pennsylvania: PX177823