After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Understand New York state's economy and tax structure.
- Understand how to calculate New York taxable income and taxes due.
- Understand major New York state adjustments.
- Understand how to calculate New York apportionment.
- Understand the process for filling out New York tax return forms.
- Identify which New York state tax forms are used for which business tax filings.
- Understand how to tie out key numbers on a New York tax return.
- Understand both corporate and pass-through tax return filings in New York.
- Use New York state instructions effectively when preparing returns.
- Understand due dates, extensions, tax payments, and efiling requirements.
Instructor bioSkye Moench holds a masters degree in tax accounting from Brigham Young University and worked for Ernst & Young Tax in Salt Lake City, Utah for five years before leaving to pursue professional triathlon. Skye now provides tax consulting and compliance services independently while traveling the world training and competing at the top level in long-course triathlon.
Becker Professional Education Sponsor I.D. Numbers NASBA: 107294, New York: 002087, New Jersey: 20CE00226700, Texas: 009580, Ohio: CPE.186, Illinois 158.002405, Pennsylvania: PX177823