This course has two parts. After completing this part of the course, the learner should be able to:
- Define Streamlined Sales Tax (SST) and identify its goals
- Recognize the role of SST in simplifying tax compliance for out-of-state sellers
- Recognize the impact of the case of Quill, the case of Wayfair and the growth of e-commerce and Internet sales on sales tax reform
- Identify the challenges and difficulties in sales taxation for Internet sales
- Recognize the general rules and state variations in taxing mergers and acquisitions, consolidations, liquidations, reorganizations and incorporations
Dr. Duong is an Accounting Subject Matter Expert for Becker Professional Education. Her professional background includes working in academia as well as in the accounting industry. She started her career working for EY as a senior associate focusing on interim, final and IPO audit of corporations in non-financial sectors such as manufacturing, utility, transportation, construction, services and so on. When working in academia, she taught both undergraduate-level and graduate-level accounting courses including Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting and Financial Valuation at the University of Michigan, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and National University of Singapore. Her academic research focuses on financial reporting issues in the banking industry and the use of accounting information in small business lending and debt contracting. Dr. Duong also owns a firm that provides tax compliance, research and consulting services. She holds a PhD in Accounting from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, an M.Phil (Master of Philosophy) in Accounting from the University of Hong Kong and a BA in Accounting from Fudan University. She is also a CPA, CMA, CIA and an EA.
Becker Professional Education Sponsor I.D. Numbers NASBA: 107294, New York: 002087, New Jersey: 20CE00226700, Texas: 009580, Ohio: CPE.186, Illinois 158.002405, Pennsylvania: PX177823