After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Describe the various types of transactions for U.S. federal income tax purposes, and the purpose of section 338.
- Identify the different types of section 338 elections and when they are available.
- Identify the key components of comparing making a section 338 election vs. not making the election.
- Understand how 338 elections work in the context of a foreign acquisition.
- Identify other related considerations such as section 336(e) elections, section 197, etc.
Becker Professional Education Sponsor I.D. Numbers NASBA: 107294, New York: 002087, New Jersey: 20CE00226700, Texas: 009580, Ohio: CPE.186, Illinois 158.002405, Pennsylvania: PX177823