After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Identify the history, purpose, and common tax issues for clergy income tax
- Define ministerial services for purposes of income and self-employment taxes
- Apply rules to comply with employment tax laws for clergy
- Identify income items and excluded income items for members of the clergy
- Identify expense, deduction, and credit items for members of the clergy
John M. Stevko, CPA, has over 40 years of professional experience as a tax practitioner, national seminar instructor, writer, and business owner. John began his career with what is now a “Big 4” public accounting firm before founding a local CPA firm in Beaverton, Oregon. At that same time, John began speaking for Gear Up Tax seminars and eventually becoming the managing partner of the business. John has lectured on tax law and healthcare reform throughout the country at national conferences and in-house for top 100 CPA firms and the large banking industry. He has also appeared on television and radio programs seeking his expertise on tax and healthcare legislation. John is a graduate of the University of California at Davis.
Becker Professional Education Sponsor I.D. Numbers NASBA: 107294, New York: 002087, New Jersey: 20CE00226700, Texas: 009580, Ohio: CPE.186, Illinois 158.002405, Pennsylvania: PX177823