Washington State Ethics 2021
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Apply the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct.
- Identify the role of the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board.
- Recognize the ethical expectations of the International Federation of Accountants and IRS Circular 230.
- Identify the rules and policies set forth by the Washington State Board of Accountancy ("Board"), including those pertaining to ethics, prohibited practices, continuing competency, and disciplinary procedures.
- Compare Washington state law and the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct to identify key differences.
Tim Gearty is the National Director and Editor-in-Chief for the world’s largest CPA training program, Becker CPA Review. In addition to his editorial leadership, Tim is also Becker's National Lead Instructor, whose taped lectures are seen in over 325 locations throughout the world. Tim is a nationally recognized expert and speaker on a variety of accounting and tax topics, and has appeared as keynote speaker for several Fortune 100 companies as well as many national associations. He has frequently been called upon over the past twenty years to present accounting and tax topics to large groups, organizations, and corporations, accounting firms and in legal proceedings. Tim is a partner in Gearty & McIntyre, LLP, CPA, a firm which has developed a reputation as a specialist in business advisory services, litigation support and forensic accounting. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the New Jersey Society of Public Accountants as well as a trustee of that organization. He holds a BS in Accounting from Fairleigh Dickinson University, and both a MBA in Finance and Law Degree (JD) from Seton Hall University. Tim is a member of the New Jersey and American Bar Associations.
Becker Professional Education Sponsor I.D. Numbers NASBA: 107294, New York: 002087, New Jersey: 20CE00226700, Texas: 009580, Ohio: CPE.186, Illinois 158.002405, Pennsylvania: PX177823