Becker Professional Education is proud to offer its 2017 Newton D. Becker Scholarship program, created in honor of Becker’s founder. The 5th annual scholarship program focuses on Newt’s vision of helping students and accounting professionals fulfill their dreams of earning the CPA credential by offering deserving individuals financial assistance to prepare for the CPA Exam. The scholarship criteria are based on traits important to Newt – high moral character, strong leadership qualities and commitment to community service.
The Newton D. Becker Scholarship* program will award over $450,000** in CPA Exam Review Scholarships, including 40 full 4-part courses each valued at $3,393 and over 200 scholarships each valued at $1,697.
Criteria for Eligibility
In order to be considered for a scholarship, you must:
- Be an accounting professional or student not currently enrolled in Becker's CPA Exam Review at time of scholarship notification.
- Meet the requirements to sit for the CPA Exam at the time of enrollment in Becker’s CPA Exam Review.
- Through a personal statement, demonstrate (1) a financial need in preparing for the CPA Exam and (2) the traits important to Newt Becker – high moral character, strong leadership qualities and a commitment to community service.
- Provide a reference – professor name with contact information.
- Be a U.S. resident.
- As this is a scholarship where the student demonstrates a financial need in preparing for the CPA, it is not valid for applicants that are employed by or have accepted a position at a firm or corporation that reimburses for the CPA Exam Review.
- Selected recipients must enroll in Becker’s CPA Exam Review by May 31, 2017.
- Scholarship is non-transferable.
Applications will be accepted online via this page through February 1, 2017. Scholarship recipients will be notified by email beginning February 28, 2017.
A scholarship selection task force will review all applications and select recipients based on financial need, high moral character, leadership qualities and commitment to community service, as demonstrated by applicants via their personal statements and reference.Apply Now
If you have additional questions please see our frequently asked questions or contact Becker Professional Education.
For questions, please call (877) CPA-EXAM
*Available to those that qualify
** Scholarships will be awarded February 28, 2017 through May 31, 2017