Becker Professional Education is proud to offer its 2015 Newton D. Becker Scholarship program, created in honor of Becker’s founder. The 3rd annual scholarship program focuses on Newt’s vision of helping students and accounting professionals fulfill their dreams of earning the CPA credential by offering deserving individuals financial assistance to prepare for the CPA Exam. The scholarship criteria are based on qualities important to Newt: high moral character, strong leadership qualities and commitment to community service.
The Newton D. Becker Scholarship* program will award over $225,000 in CPA Exam Review Scholarships, including 20 full 4-part courses each valued at $3,393, and over 100 scholarships each valued at $1,697.
Criteria for Eligibility: In order to be considered for a scholarship, you must:
- Be an accounting professional or student not currently enrolled in Becker's CPA Exam Review at time of scholarship notification.
- Meet the requirements to sit for the CPA Exam at the time of enrollment in Becker’s CPA Exam Review.
- Through a personal statement, demonstrate:
- a financial need in preparing for the CPA Exam and
- the traits important to Newt Becker: high moral character, strong leadership qualities and a commitment to community service.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from an employer/manager, professor, community leader or clergy member along with your application.
- Be a U.S. resident.
- As this is a needs based scholarship, it is not valid for applicants that are employed by or have accepted a position at a firm or corporation that reimburses for the CPA Exam Review.
- Scholarship is non-transferable.
- Selected recipients must enroll in Becker’s CPA Exam Review by June 30, 2015.
Application Process: Applications will be accepted online via this page starting November 1, 2014 through February 2, 2015. Scholarship recipients will be notified by email beginning February 27, 2015.
Selection Process: A scholarship selection task force will review all applications and select recipients based on financial need, high moral character, leadership qualities and commitment to community service.
Questions: If you have additional questions please see our frequently asked questions or contact Becker Professional Education.
*available to those that qualify