Managers and Partners will gain a working knowledge of the fundamental issues and processes necessary to review audit documentation and workpapers. Ensure that your review procedures comply with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards. In this first part, participants will explore audit risk and management issues around documentation. At the conclusion of this session you will be able to:
- Define the audit risk model.
- Identify the impact of the components of audit risk on an audit.
- List the management assertions and identify the assertions that apply to transactions and events, account balances, and presentation and disclosure.
- Recognize the provisions of AU-C Sec. 200, 320, 450, & 530, AU-C Sec. 315, and AU-C Sec. 330.
- Identify management considerations regarding documentation.
- Identify the various documentation requirements for risk assessment procedures.
Tim Gearty is the National Director and Editor-in-Chief for the world’s largest CPA training program, Becker CPA Review. In addition to his editorial leadership, Tim is also Becker's National Lead Instructor, whose taped lectures are seen in over 325 locations throughout the world. Tim is a nationally recognized expert and speaker on a variety of accounting and tax topics, and has appeared as keynote speaker for several Fortune 100 companies as well as many national associations. He has frequently been called upon over the past twenty years to present accounting and tax topics to large groups, organizations, and corporations, accounting firms and in legal proceedings. Tim is a partner in Gearty & McIntyre, LLP, CPA, a firm which has developed a reputation as a specialist in business advisory services, litigation support and forensic accounting. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the New Jersey Society of Public Accountants as well as a trustee of that organization. He holds a BS in Accounting from Fairleigh Dickinson University, and both a MBA in Finance and Law Degree (JD) from Seton Hall University. Tim is a member of the New Jersey and American Bar Associations.
Becker Professional Education Sponsor I.D. Numbers NASBA: 107294, New York: 002087, New Jersey: 20CE00226700, Texas: 009580, Ohio: CPE.186, Illinois 158.002405, Pennsylvania: PX177823