Becker campus ambassador program
One of the biggest hurdles to becoming a licensed accounting professional is passing the CPA and CMA exam. But when you join Becker’s campus ambassador program, you get a welcome boost as you approach that hurdle! As a campus ambassador, you’ll work closely with faculty and peers to spread the word about Becker’s Exam Review courses on your campus. In short, you’ll be there to help fellow students have a successful exam experience.
In return for successful completion of the campus ambassador program, you’ll be eligible to redeem Becker products and/or services at a preferred rate if not for free!
Why become a campus ambassador?
- Obtain knowledge and preparation for the CPA and CMA Exam. We call this being “Becker prepared.” You’ll have first-hand knowledge about the planning process and the exams well before you start your own exam process - it’s invaluable information.
- Enhance relationships with professors, your school, prospective employers, and fellow students. The contacts you build both on campus and in the professional world will serve you for years to come. You will also be eligible to join the Becker group on Linkedin.
- Gain leadership experience. No matter where your career might take you, your skills as a campus ambassador will be a tremendous asset to you and to your employer. Campus ambassadors also have the opportunity to participate in events and complete professional education courses.
- Résumé booster. Get a great addition to your résumé and talking points for interviews. It’s another feather in your cap that can open doors to future opportunities.
During the program, you'll serve as a liaison between Becker and your school, performing tasks including:
- Educating students on the benefits of professional licensure
- Highlighting Becker as the best option to prepare for the CPA and CMA Exams
- Coordinating presentations and other campus events
- Distributing promotional materials to fellow students and faculty
- Displaying posters and flyers
To help make your role in Becker’s campus ambassador program easier, an expert Becker Account Manager will provide continual support and coaching. Our Account Managers equip every campus ambassador in the program with the tools and training necessary to complete those responsibilities.
- Juniors or Seniors enrolled in Accounting (or equivalent) major at an accredited college or university
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Actively involved in accounting and/or business organization
- Excellent relationships with department staff, faculty and fellow students
- Outgoing, connected to fellow students and able to adopt a leadership role on behalf of Becker
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong academic and social presence within the school’s accounting department
Becker vs. other campus ambassador programs
Becker is the industry’s leading partner in CPA Exam preparation, and we’re in this position because of our dedication to providing top-notch CPA Exam review materials. And now, as a strategic partner of the IMA, we’ve enhanced every aspect of our CMA Exam Review to be as close as you can get to the exam.
You’re not preparing for an exam. You’re preparing for your future, and Becker helps you get there.
- 1 million + candidates have prepared with Becker materials
- The top 100 accounting firms rely on Becker for their staff’s CPA Exam preparation
- More than 90% of Watt Sells award winners since 2005 have prepared with Becker
- Nearly 3,000 accounting firms, corporations, alliances, government agencies and universities choose Becker
Compensation and benefits
Once you’ve completed your Campus Ambassador duties, you can choose either the Becker CMA Advantage Exam Review or Becker's CPA Exam Review Advantage package (or reduced rate, as decided by your Account Manager), which includes 24-month access to the review course. And if you’re hired by a firm that pays for Becker’s CPA or CMA Exam Review course, you may choose to receive other available Becker products. Becoming a part of Becker’s campus ambassador program is step one in your transition from a dedicated student to an indispensable accounting professional. Don’t miss this opportunity!