Becker CPA ambassador program
One of the biggest hurdles to becoming a licensed accounting professional is passing the CPA and CMA exam. But when you join Becker’s campus ambassador program, you get a welcome boost as you approach that hurdle! As a campus ambassador, you’ll work closely with faculty and peers to spread the word about Becker’s Exam Review courses on your campus. In short, you’ll be there to help fellow students have a successful CPA or CMA Exam experience—and a fulfilling career.
In return for completing your time as a student ambassador, you’ll be eligible to take an exam review at either no cost or at a preferred rate.
CPA student ambassadors: the details
Why become a CPA student ambassador?
The discounted CPA Exam Review or CMA Exam Review is a major benefit to being a Becker ambassador, but the program offers more than a single discount. Joining the Becker community means gaining access to an impressive network of contacts from local firms, national firms and Becker staff nationwide—all of which can be a big help when it comes time to find a job. Getting your foot in the door is a whole lot easier if you don’t have to do it all on your own.
Other advantages of Becker’s campus ambassador program:
- Obtain knowledge and preparation for the CPA and CMA Exam. We call this being “Becker prepared.” You’ll have first-hand knowledge about the planning process and the exams well before you start your own exam process - it’s invaluable information.
- Enhance relationships with professors, your school, prospective employers and fellow students. The contacts you build both on campus and in the professional world will serve you for years to come.
- Gain leadership experience. No matter where your career might take you, your skills as a campus ambassador will be a tremendous asset to you and to your employer.
- Résumé booster. Get a great addition to your résumé and talking points for interviews. It’s another feather in your cap that can open doors to future opportunities.
During the program, you'll serve as a liaison between Becker and your school, performing tasks including:
- Educating students on the benefits of professional licensure
- Highlighting Becker as the best option to prepare for the CPA and CMA Exams
- Coordinating presentations and other campus events
- Distributing promotional materials to fellow students and faculty
- Displaying posters and flyers
To help make your role in Becker’s campus ambassador program easier, an expert Becker Account Manager will provide continual support. Our Account Managers equip every student ambassador in the program with the tools and training necessary to complete those responsibilities.
- Juniors or Seniors enrolled in Accounting (or equivalent) major at an accredited college or university
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Actively involved in accounting and/or business organization
- Excellent relationships with department staff, faculty and fellow students
- Outgoing, connected to fellow students and able to adopt a leadership role on behalf of Becker
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong academic and social presence within the school’s accounting department
Becker vs. other campus ambassador programs
Becker is the industry’s leading partner in CPA Exam preparation, and we’re in this position because of our dedication to providing top-notch CPA Exam review materials. And now, as a strategic partner of the IMA, we’ve enhanced every aspect of our CMA Exam Review to be as close as you can get to the exam.
You’re not preparing for an exam. You’re preparing for your future, and Becker helps you get there.
- 1 million + candidates have prepared with Becker materials
- The top 100 accounting firms rely on Becker for their staff’s CPA Exam preparation
- More than 90% of Watt Sells award winners since 2005 have prepared with Becker
- Nearly 3,000 accounting firms, corporations, alliances, government agencies and universities choose Becker
Compensation and benefits
Once you’ve completed your Campus Ambassador duties, you can choose either the Becker CMA Advantage Exam Review or Becker's CPA Exam Review Advantage package (or reduced rate, as decided by your Account Manager), which includes 24-month access to the review course. And if you’re hired by a firm that pays for Becker’s CPA or CMA Exam Review course, you may choose to receive other available Becker products. Becoming a part of Becker’s campus ambassador program is step one in your transition from a dedicated student to an indispensable accounting professional. Don’t miss this opportunity!