After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Define discrimination and sexual harassment and the applicable federal and local laws
- Identify the types of sexual harassment and who is protected under the law
- Recognize current social trends and legislation aimed at improving employees’ rights and working conditions
- Identify employers’ legal responsibilities and liability
- Identify discrimination and harassment workplace policies and remedies
- Recognize best practices for prevention and changing negative behaviors
Michael (“Mike”) Brown is a Senior National Instructor with Becker Professional Education. He has extensive experience in public accounting, corporate accounting and education. Mike started his career with Ernst & Young in their Atlanta assurance practice working with clients in manufacturing, financial services and retail. Following that, Mike spent several years in corporate accounting, gaining experience as a controller in both the real estate and service fields.
Mike draws on both the variety of experience and variety of industries as he transitioned to education with Becker. Michael has a passion for teaching, representing Becker’s CPA Review, CMA Review and Continuing Professional Education products as well as now serving as an Adjunct Professor for Accounting at Franklin University. Mike graduated from the University of Virginia with a Bachelor of Science in Commerce and a Master of Science in Accounting. He is a licensed CPA in the State of North Carolina, currently residing in Raleigh with his wife and two children.
Becker Professional Education Sponsor I.D. Numbers NASBA: 107294, New York: 002087, New Jersey: 20CE00226700, Texas: 009580, Ohio: CPE.186, Illinois 158.002405, Pennsylvania: PX177823