After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Recognize the relationship of substantive detail sampling to the risk of material misstatement (RMM) and other substantive audit procedures.
- Recognize the audit implications of factual (known) misstatements identified in sampling and nonsampling procedures.
- Recognize the audit implications of projected misstatements from sampling procedures.
- Recognize how to select a valid item-based or probability proportional to size (PPS)-based statistical sample.
- Differentiate MUS from other sampling methods.
Melisa F. Galasso is the founder and CEO of Galasso Learning Solutions LLC and a subject matter expert for Becker Professional Education. A CPA with over 15 years of experience in the accounting profession, Melisa designs and facilitates courses in advanced technical accounting and auditing topics, including not for profit and governmental accounting.Her passion is providing high-quality CPE that is meaningful, creates efficiencies and improves quality, and positively impacts ROI. She also supports essential professional development, audit level training, and train the trainer efforts.
Melisa is a Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD) and has earned the Association for Talent Development Master Trainer™ designation. Her passion for instructional design and adult learning techniques is one of the differentiators that set her apart from other CPE providers. She also serves on the FASB’s Not-for-Profit Advisory Committee (NAC), the AICPA’s Technical Issues Committee (TIC), has had leadership roles on various A&A committees, and serves on the VSCPA’s Board of Directors.
Melisa is a 2020 Enterprising Women of the Year Award recipient and was honored as a “40 under 40” by CPA Practice Advisor in 2017, 2018 and 2019. She was also named the 2019 Rising Star by her regional NAWBO chapter, received the Don Farmer award for achievement in technical content instruction, and earned several other awards for public speaking and technical training.
Prior to establishing Galasso Learning Solutions, Melisa worked in public accounting, industry, internal audit, and academia. She received a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting and International Business from Georgetown University.
Becker Professional Education Sponsor I.D. Numbers NASBA: 107294, New York: 002087, New Jersey: 20CE00226700, Texas: 009580, Ohio: CPE.186, Illinois 158.002405, Pennsylvania: PX177823