After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Understand the concept of courage in the workplace.
- Recognize his/her personal skills that support or undermine managerial courage.
- Appreciate the impact of managerial courage.
- Develop a plan to build personal habits that enhance managerial courage.
- Know the steps to coach others to have managerial courage.
Kelly Richmond Pope is an associate professor at DePaul University in Chicago where she teaches financial, managerial and forensic accounting. In 2018, Pope became a TED speaker with her impactful and timely TED Talk entitled “How whistleblowers shape history.” Her research has been published in the Behavioral Research in Accounting, Auditing: A Journal of Theory & Practice, Journal of Business Ethics, The CPA Journal and WebCPA. She has a PhD in accounting from Virginia Tech University and is a licensed CPA.
A Becker Professional Education is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org
Becker Professional Education Sponsor I.D. Numbers NASBA: 107294, New York: 002087, New Jersey: 20CE00226700, Texas: 009580, Ohio: CPE.186, Illinois 158.002405, Pennsylvania: PX177823