Becker Professional Education to Launch Innovative Learning Technology in its CPA Exam Review Course
Adaptive learning, gamification allows CPA candidates to prepare in engaging, customized ways
DOWNERS GROVE, Ill. – Aug. 11, 2016 – Becker Professional Education, a global leader in professional education and a part of DeVry Education Group, is introducing innovative learning technology with a wide range of engaging study tools in its CPA Exam Review. The new course will include modular content, interactive tools and integrated materials to offer students more personalized options, flexibility and feedback when preparing for the CPA Exam. These new elements were designed with the most current content that is reflective of the changes in the CPA Exam starting April 2017.
“All of the innovative elements that will be offered as part of Becker’s CPA Exam Review, including a game-based study tool launching next month, provide each candidate with a personalized learning approach to help them achieve their goal of attaining the CPA credential,” said John Roselli, president at Becker Professional Education. “Nearly 50,000 hours and $3 million was spent on just the course itself, to develop a tool to help our candidates feel better prepared on exam day.”
Becker’s All New CPA Exam Review
Becker Professional Education’s new CPA Exam Review course will be available in January, and will feature elements such as:
- Adapt2U Adaptive Learning Technology – This adaptive technology begins with a specially designed pre-assessment that provides a recommended study path so candidates can focus their time in the areas where they need it most. It also includes performance reports that help candidates track their development and provide feedback to highlight specific areas where they may need to build knowledge and confidence.
- Short Modules, Optimized Study Time – To accommodate candidates’ busy schedules, review content will be modularized into short segments to optimize study time with the content most likely to appear on the 2017 CPA Exam.
- Interactive Skills Practice and Simulations – Becker developed a unique instructional experience, including interactive simulations and videos, to help candidates better prepare for the testing of higher-order cognitive skills on the 2017 CPA Exam.
- New Lectures and Textbooks – Newly recorded lectures and rewritten textbooks have been updated with key content relating to the 2017 CPA Exam blueprint.
- Mock Exams – Two full mock exams will mirror the content and format of the new 2017 CPA Exam.
- Intuitive Navigation and Learning Tools – From a full suite of integrated learning tools (note taking, highlighting, searching and video speed) to questions that will be aligned with lectures that reinforce key concepts, students will have the tools and flexibility to maximize their study time.
Becker’s New Accounting for Empires™ Educational Game
Accounting for Empires, a supplement to Becker’s CPA Exam Review course, will be available on Android and iOS phones and tablets Sept. 5. The game uses correct answers to multiple-choice questions and task-based simulations to allow users to “build” and enhance their empire by earning gold and knowledge in hopes of amassing the ultimate CPA empire, and ultimately pass the exam. This interactive mobile game experience will:
- Allow users to select a specific part of the Exam they are preparing for with corresponding questions that mirror the 2017 CPA Exam.
- Provide candidates with a sense of connection to other students through the creation of alliances or challenge to other players to increase resources.
About Becker Professional Education
Becker Professional Education, a part of Adtalem Global Education, is a global leader in professional education serving the accounting and healthcare professions. One million professionals have prepared to advance their careers through our CPA Exam Review, CMA Exam Review, USMLE® Review and Continuing Professional Education courses. Throughout our 60 year history, Becker has earned a strong track record of student success through world-class teaching, curriculum and learning tools that enable our students to develop the knowledge and performance skills necessary to stay ahead in an ever-changing business world.