After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Identify depreciable property
- Distinguish between depreciation, depletion, and amortization
- Recognize the general rules on the computation and deductibility of depreciation
- Identify the various types of depreciation methods and the appropriate use of each type
- Identify differences between tax and book depreciation methods and uses
Instructor bioJanelle Wilson Simpson worked for Deloitte Tax in London, England and Seattle, WA as a Tax Manager. She taught as an Adjunct Professor at Utah Valley University. She now provides tax consulting and compliance services independently.
Becker Professional Education Sponsor I.D. Numbers NASBA: 107294, New York: 002087, New Jersey: 20CE00226700, Texas: 009580, Ohio: CPE.186, Illinois 158.002405, Pennsylvania: PX177823