After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Identify the importance of strong hiring procedures.
- Differentiate between technical skills and people skills.
- Determine why each skill is important to an organization.
- Apply the four-step hiring process.
- Differentiate between the four personality types in the Social Stylessm Model.
- Identify a personality type in another person using the Social Stylessm Model.
Define the concept of versatility and how it relates to group tension.
Elizabeth Lester Walsh, CPA, CITP has 30 years of management experience in accounting, systems innovation, and change management. She assisted clients on accounting and technology change initiatives. In addition, she authored various technical accounting courses for the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) and Becker. Previously she served as Executive Director of Beta Alpha Psi, a not for profit accounting and information student honorary leadership organization located on more than 250 college campuses. Prior to being an Executive Director for Beta Alpha Psi, she was the Director of Knowledge Management for the AICPA in New York City. Elizabeth was also Director of Information Systems for a company in south central Virginia, leading that organization through a period of significant technological advancement. Earlier in her career she worked as a Senior Auditor for Arthur Andersen in Washington, DC, and she has taught classes at the college level. Elizabeth also ran the NYC Marathon, coached high school cross country and taught yoga. She has two children and an assortment of critters.
Becker Professional Education Sponsor I.D. Numbers NASBA: 107294, New York: 002087, New Jersey: 20CE00226700, Texas: 009580, Ohio: CPE.186, Illinois 158.002405, Pennsylvania: PX177823