After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Differentiate between planning and budgeting.
- Determine why it is important for all departments to have business and strategic plans.
- Distinguish between and understand why all companies should have a vision, mission, and core value statement.
- Determine the average cost of capital and how to develop and manage a capital plan.
- Distinguish between traditional risk management and enterprise risk management.
- Identify various risk management strategies and choose the best one depending on probability and severity.
- Determine the internal and external customers of an internal department.
- Determine strategies to promote efficiency and several of the built-in systems of inefficiency.
Instructor bioBoth right and left brain thinker, Allegra has been an accountant and finance manager as well as an entrepreneur and creative professional. She has over 25 years of experience in corporate and private industry and recently completed her CPA licensing in under a year. (Oct 2015) She’s worked for a Fortune 5 company (Mobil Oil), an international retailer (J Crew) and now is controller for a high tech international manufacturer. Allegra has lived in Spain, Italy and France and speaks fluent Spanish and has a working knowledge of French and Italian. She is proficient in Excel & QuickBooks among others. She holds a Virginia CPA license and BA from American University.
Becker Professional Education Sponsor I.D. Numbers NASBA: 107294, New York: 002087, New Jersey: 20CE00226700, Texas: 009580, Ohio: CPE.186, Illinois 158.002405, Pennsylvania: PX177823