After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Define the basic concepts and trends in direct foreign investments by multinational corporations
- Recognize common reasons multinational corporations consider direct foreign investment opportunities
- Outline the impact host country characteristics have on direct foreign investments
- Identify approaches multinational corporations use to assess potential direct foreign investment opportunities
- Define the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on direct foreign investments
Peter “Sugar Bear” Olinto, CFA, JD, CPA (inactive) has a 20+ year history teaching with Becker, but his career didn’t start here! Peter received his Bachelor’s of Business Administration, magna cum laude, from Pace University in 1990. After working in audit at Deloitte & Touche, Pete attended law school at Fordham University School of Law in New York City, and earned his Juris Doctor degree, with dreams of becoming a tax attorney. While in school, Pete ventured into teaching, starting with LSAT and SAT prep and eventually leading into CPA Review.
Pete began instructing for Becker in 1998, where he now teaches review courses for the FAR, REG and BEC sections of the CPA Exam, as well as CPE courses on various financial topics.
At Becker, Pete loves bonding with coworkers and students - legend has it that if you pass the CPA Exam using Becker, Pete is obligated to buy you a cup of coffee! Pete also enjoys reviewing his favorite mnemonics, like EBOCA, and teaching his course of choice, FAR. Outside of Becker, Pete is passionate about teaching CFA review and hassling Tim Gearty.
Pete’s best CPA Exam studying advice? “You can and will do it, so long as you are willing and able to make the sacrifice. Proper preparation requires patience, practice and perseverance.” To current CPAs completing CPE coursework, Pete recommends focusing 100% on your course and avoiding multitasking.
If Pete wasn’t a CPA, he’d be a DJ - but we’re sure glad he’s at Becker!
Becker Professional Education Sponsor I.D. Numbers NASBA: 107294, New York: 002087, New Jersey: 20CE00226700, Texas: 009580, Ohio: CPE.186, Illinois 158.002405, Pennsylvania: PX177823