After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Identify Housing and Urban Development (HUD)-approved Title II Non-supervised Lender and third-party originator audit guidance, including recognition of eligible institutions
- Define the compliance requirements and suggested audit procedures
- Compare and contrast current reporting and compliance issues
- Define the purpose of the Lender Electronic Assessment Portal (LEAP) submission, including description of LEAP, lender requirements, auditor requirements, and HUD review procedures
- Outline program and audit requirements, compliance requirements and suggested procedures, contemporary issues, and electronic filing
John has extensive teaching experience serving as a Professor at Stanford, UC Berkeley, San Francisco State, San Jose State, and is the Director and Lead Faculty of the CPA Applied Program at Golden Gate University. While teaching college courses and leading audits with the Government Accountability Office, John has been the Lead Faculty for Becker Professional Education in Northern California for nearly 30 years. In addition to teaching live CPA classes, John has been involved in recruiting, training, and developing CPA instructors throughout the State of California. John is also an author and national instructor for Becker’s Continuing Professional Education program focusing on governmental accounting and auditing topics.
Before retiring in 2014, John served as a Senior Audit Manager for the Government Accountability Office which is the audit, evaluation, and investigative arm of the U.S. Congress. In his capacity with the GAO, John led audits of the Bureau of Public Debt, Federal Reserve and IRS. He has also led work with the GAO reviewing the accounting and auditing standards setting process in the United States where he was actively involved with the Financial Accounting Standards Board and the AICPA’s Auditing Standards Board. John holds a Bachelor of Science Degree from the California State University in Hayward, California and is an active U.S. Certified Public Accountant and past President of the Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting.
A Becker Professional Education is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org
Becker Professional Education Sponsor I.D. Numbers NASBA: 107294, New York: 002087, New Jersey: 20CE00226700, Texas: 009580, Ohio: CPE.186, Illinois 158.002405, Pennsylvania: PX177823