Delegation in a small firm
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Identify the basic concepts of successful delegation.
- Mindfully choose tasks to delegate.
- Understand the criteria for choosing the right person to delegate a task to.
- Navigate the steps to successfully hand-off a task.
- Understand the 7 levels of delegation.
- Become aware of software that supports delegation.
Kelly Richmond Pope is an associate professor at DePaul University in Chicago where she teaches financial, managerial and forensic accounting. In 2018, Pope became a TED speaker with her impactful and timely TED Talk entitled “How whistleblowers shape history.” Her research has been published in the Behavioral Research in Accounting, Auditing: A Journal of Theory & Practice, Journal of Business Ethics, The CPA Journal and WebCPA. She has a PhD in accounting from Virginia Tech University and is a licensed CPA.
Becker Professional Education Sponsor I.D. Numbers NASBA: 107294, New York: 002087, New Jersey: 20CE00226700, Texas: 009580, Ohio: CPE.186, Illinois 158.002405, Pennsylvania: PX177823